This position reports directly to the President and is responsible for the general and specific job duties described below. Salary is dependent on experience.
General Job Duties:
- To exhibit an objective and professional attitude that will help us maintain a positive and productive workplace.
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- To follow company policies and display conduct expected of employees as described in the employee handbook.
- To follow safety rules of VTI and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
- To meet and maintain all customer quality standards as well as the standards of VTI.
- To perform daily cross-functional job assignments as required.
Specific Job Duties:
- Lead the daily operation of our robotic-spray UV-cure paint line for painting plastic substrates.
- Lead the development of basecoats clear top-coats for multiple product opportunities
- Develop part masking concepts and capability on paint line.
- Set-up and develop painting process windows for waterborne and solvent borne UV basecoats, and UV clear-coats.
- Maintain clean operating environment, including clean room, paint filters, and HEPA units.
- Operate paint process and application equipment in order to satisfy the customer quality standards and delivery schedule.
- Provide technical support to track data for paint cost per square foot by robot program.
- Identify, communicate and document any difficulties relating to the product, process and/or quality system as per IS0-9001 :2008 requirements.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions utilizing error proofing techniques to prevent the occurrence of any non conformities relating to the product, process and/or quality system through designated channels.
- Develop, implement, verify and document parameter settings for all paint process and application equipment for all products.
- Verify and calibrate paint process and application equipment to ensure the accuracy and repeatability of the painting process.
- Develop robotic path motions and operating parameters for the introduction of new products.
- Communicate and cooperate with paint suppliers on usage optimization, formulation compatibility, paint performance and quality issues.
- Work with equipment suppliers to accurately collect application and performance data on new technology tested in the painting process.
- Train personnel in the operation of process equipment and procedures in accordance to any established control plan.
Vergason Technology Inc.
Main Office: 607-589-4429