- Organize and perform work that supports product development projects as well as Technical Service Requests.
- Support day-to-day technical requirements: customer inquiries, analytical testing protocol, regulatory compliance, raw material review/selection, Quality Management and safety.
Major Job Functions
- Responsible for the successful completion of product development projects in a timely fashion, while following the department guidelines and priorities as set by the Technical Manager
- Responsible for the successful completion of Technical Service Requests projects in a timely fashion, while following the department guidelines and priorities as set by the Technical Manager
- Manages daily customer inquiries and responds in a timely manner
- Participates in periodic safety meetings, reports all safety concerns, and supports initiatives that help improve and/ or achieve safety goals
- Act as a resource for the Technical Service Group, Quality Control and Production
- Facilitate in field technical support to Marketing & Technical Services, Sales, Business Development under the guidance of the Technical Manager
- Conduct and develop proper testing procedures for tasks related to Technical Service Request and Time to Market projects.
- Follows all applicable requirements of ISO 9001 and 14001.
- Organizes and records all pertinent testing information in the laboratory book as references for future use, and maintains all documents, prints or items generated from projects daily.
- Provide monthly report/ summary of highlights, red flags, and projects to the Technical Manager
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree Science, preferably in Chemistry.
- 3-5 years work experience in a development laboratory or specialty chemical technical center.
- Background in either the Graphic Arts or the coating applications.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adage). Experience with a MSDS database will be considered as a significant advantage.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work independently without significant management oversight and exercise sound judgment.
- Customer focus.
- Proven and effective problem-solving skills.
- Fosters teamwork among staff and between functional areas.
- Formulating experience with inks and coatings used in common printing processes: flexography, gravure, lithography, screen.
- Knowledge of raw materials, such as pigments, additives, resins and diluents used to formulate inks and coatings.
- Application experience with inks and coatings for a variety of chemistries (UV/ EB, waterborne, solvent, etc.).
- Experience in test methods used in the graphic arts industry.
- Experience with analytical and materials analysis in any of the following methods: DSC, FTIR, ICP, GC/MS, TGA, light microscopy, laser diffraction particle size analysis.
About ECKART America
ECKART is the leading international manufacturer of metallic and pearlescent pigments for the paints and coatings industry, the graphic arts, plastics, aerated concrete and cosmetics industries. The product range encompasses all kinds of pigments and even press-ready metallic printing inks.
This enables ECKART to offer its customers a comprehensive range of effect pigments for every demand. Particular importance is attached to personal service and expert application consulting. Its global presence enables ECKART to identify customer needs and demands at an early stage and to react quickly and flexibly. Intensive research and development activities create special products, innovative solutions, and constant improvements in a wide variety of application areas. Our customers throughout the world particularly appreciate the high quality of our products and the professional standard of our services.
The product range includes aluminum, special pearlescent and PVD pigments, metallic pigment coatings, gold-bronze, iron flakes, stainless steel flakes, and zinc pigments as well as press-ready metallic printing inks. ECKART pigments are widely used, for example, in the automotive industry to achieve metallic effects, but also for other coatings and finishes. The plastics industry uses them, among others, as dye pigments. In the manufacturing of aerated concrete these pigments serve as a propellant.
In the year 2013 the ECKART Group employed around 1,854 people worldwide, achieving sales of EUR 334,6 million. In the future its growth will be propelled mainly by the development of innovative technologies.